1. WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies, as defined by the Guarantor Authority, are small text strings that the applications visited by the user send to his terminal (usually to the browser), where they are stored and then retransmitted to the same applications the next time the same user visits.
The term cookie refers both to cookies as such and to all similar technologies.
Cookies are used to provide faster access to online services and to improve the user's browsing experience by tracking sessions, storing user information, loading content faster, etc.
2. TYPES OF COOKIES
Cookies can be:
First-party cookies: are proprietary cookies used by the owner of the Site in order to enable the user to navigate more efficiently and/or to monitor the actions performed by the user;
Third-party cookies: are cookies set by a site other than the one you are currently visiting in order to enable you to navigate more efficiently and/or to monitor your actions.
In addition, different types of cookies are distinguished:
- Technical Cookies: used for the sole purpose of "carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network, or to the extent strictly necessary for the provider of an information society service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user to provide such service" (Art. 122(1) of the Privacy Code). Technical cookies include:
- Session or navigation cookies: are used to keep track of the user's activity on the network. They ensure normal navigation and use of the Site, for example by allowing you to navigate more quickly, make a purchase or authenticate yourself to access restricted areas, and are in fact necessary for its proper functioning.
- Functionality cookies: allow the user to navigate according to a number of selected criteria (e.g. language, products selected for purchase) in order to improve the service provided to the user.
- First-party analytical cookies: These cookies are treated in the same way as technical cookies in regulatory terms if they are used directly by the owner of the Site without profiling the user but only to collect information, in aggregate and anonymous form, on the number of users and how they visit the Site for statistical purposes and to improve the Site's performance.
- Third-party analytical cookies: are made available by third parties and are assimilated to technical cookies if the third parties do not carry out user profiling by using tools suitable to reduce the identification power of the cookies (for example, by masking significant portions of the IP address) and without cross-referencing the information collected with other information they already have.
- Profiling cookies: are used to monitor the user's web browsing and create a profile of their habits:
- First-party profiling cookies: installed by the owner of the Site to create profiles of the user in order to send advertising messages in line with the preferences expressed during web browsing. Given their particular invasiveness in the private sphere of users, European and Italian law requires that users be adequately informed of their use, that they give their consent and that they notify the Privacy Guarantor.
For such cookies, the legislation provides that the user must be adequately informed about the use of such cookies, must give his consent and must notify the Privacy Guarantor by the person using the data.
3. COOKIES INSTALLED
The cookies on this Site are:
- technical cookies necessary for the operation of the site;
- third-party cookies, which may carry out profiling activities even without the Controller's knowledge. For further information, we recommend that you carefully consult the privacy policies of the individual services listed below.
Below is a list of the third-party cookies on this Site:
- Google Analytics with anonymised IP
Google Analytics installs cookies to measure visits to the Site and any purchases made for analysis purposes. The IP address of users will be anonymised.
For more information and to deactivate cookies, please visit: https://www.google.com/intl/it/policies/privacy/.
In relation to third party cookies, these may carry out profiling activities on the user even without the Controller's knowledge. For further information, we recommend that you carefully consult the privacy policies of the services listed.
4. DURATION OF COOKIES
Cookies have a lifetime dictated by the expiry date or a specific action such as closing the browser set at the time of installation. Cookies can be:
- temporary or sessionalThey are used to store temporary information, link actions performed during a specific session and are removed from the computer when the browser is closed;
- persistentThey are used to store information, such as your login name and password, so that you don't have to type them in again each time you visit a specific site. They remain stored on your computer even after you close your browser.
5. EXPRESSION OF CONSENT
Consent may be given by the user by clicking the OK button on the banner, by scrolling down the page and/or by accessing other sections of the Site by clicking on links on the web page below the banner itself (consequent action).
6. HOW TO DISABLE COOKIES
You can manage your cookie preferences directly in your browser and prevent third parties from installing cookies. You can also use your browser preferences to delete any cookies you have set in the past, including any cookies that may have stored your consent for this Site to set cookies. If you disable all cookies, the operation of this Site may be impaired.
You can find information and exercise your right to object to the tracking of cookies in your browser at the following addresses:
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/it-IT/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies;
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=it;
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/it/kb/Gestione%20dei%20cookie;
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.00/it/cookies.html;
- Apple Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH19214?locale=it_IT.
You can also delete cookies by requesting an opt-out directly from the third party or via http://www.youronlinechoices.com/it, where you can manage your tracking preferences for most advertising tools.
7. USERS' RIGHTS
The User has the right at any time to exercise the rights recognised by Article 7 of Legislative Decree 196/2003. In particular, he/she may, among others, obtain a copy of the processed data, their updating, their origin, the purpose and method of processing, their rectification or integration, their cancellation, their transformation into anonymous form or the blocking of processing in violation of the law and may oppose for legitimate reasons the processing.
To exercise these rights, please write to the Data Controller Italix Sas di Andrea Sivieri e Soci, with registered office in Via Divisione Folgore 5/B - 36100 Vicenza (VI), VAT number / Tax code 04311980280, e-mail address email@example.com.
Further information on data processing can be found at the following link https://www.italix.net/privacy-policy/.